Autumn is here, with the abundance of all sorts of delicious squash in the markets. I am always on the look out for delicious ways to enjoy squash. In the recipe below, I combine one of my favorite cold-weather non-caffeinated organic herbal tea blends, Lemon Ginger, with pumpkin (which can be replaced with any kind of squash or root vegetables like sweet potato) for a comforting (with a bit of a kick!) side dish, or snack, perfect for autumn.
1 pumpkin (3-4 lbs), cut into wedges with seeds removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Brush olive oil on both sides of pumpkin wedges & bake pumpkin till tender (50-60 mins)
if no tea bag, just drain the tea from the tea blend pieces )
4) Add brown sugar and continue to cook sauce till very thick
5) When pumpkin wedges are tender, sprinkle chili flakes over wedges
6) Brush the glaze onto pumpkin wedges and bake at 425 degrees till pumpkin is lightly browned
7) Enjoy with a nice cup of Lemon Ginger to bring out the citrus ginger notes in the pumpkin.