I love soups. And this soup is so easy to make, while being a much more interesting version of a traditional split pea soup. I love being able to incorporate our Moroccan Mint, Lapsang Souchong, as well as Lemon Ginger tea into the soup as an extra twist. Enjoy! And join us for our brunch this Sunday to taste it!
1 TB olive oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 medium white onion, chopped
4 cups Moroccan Mint brewed tea
1 teaspoon Lapsang Souchong tea leaves
3 1/2 cups frozen or fresh shucked peas
1/4 teaspoon ground Lemon Ginger
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 small minced garlic clove
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1) Place 8-quart stockpot over medium heat for 1 minute and add oil to coat bottom of pot.
2) Saute onion for 5 minutes.
3) Pour in brewed tea, and stir in Lapsang Souchong, kosher salt, peas, ground Lemon Ginger, and spinach.
4) Cook for 5 minutes with high heat until bubbling and peas cooked through.
5) Stir in minced garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
6) Puree in batches until smooth.
7) Add black pepper as desired.
Note: Recipe adapted from Steeped.